“Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” ~ Jason Crandell
Current Retreats & Workshops
Sunday May 6 in Edmonton!
Zoe’s coming to Edmonton on May 6! Soothe your nervous system, stimulate your digestion, and stretch out your wintry aches. This is the perfect afternoon retreat to rinse out any grumpy habits and befriend yourself again. This mini retreat is designed to be safe and accessible for all bodies—both beginners as well as seasoned practitioners. Come just as you are, be yourself, and practise as gently or vigorously as you need that day.
- ·Yoga mat (there will be extras if you forget!).
- Layered clothing, in case the room is too warm/cold for your liking.
- 1 or 2 yoga blocks if you can (there are a few extra, but not enough for everyone).
- A compact blanket if you need one for savasana.
- A yoga strap if you can (there are a few extra, but not enough for everyone).
- A good book/journal/sketch pad if you like taking notes, or if you need a more introverted, quiet break time. Everyone recharges differently.
- 12:45-1:00 pm Arrive and relax.
- 1:00-2:00 pm Indulge in an uplifting asana class to flush your circulation around, spring-clean any dusty tissues, and reacquaint yourself with your unique body.
- 2:00-2:30 pm Savour a fresh, light, gluten-free snack during our break (please notify me of any allergens upon registering).
- 2:30-3:00 pm Soak up an informative workshop on pelvic organ support.
- 3:00-4:00 pm Close your afternoon with a nourishing and reassuring asana class to restore your energy levels.
- 4:00-4:30 pm Hug your goodbyes. Pack up your things. Stefan and Taia will come pick me up (naps allowing), so you can say hello!
Love Your Pelvic Floor
Every human has a pelvic floor, which is tasked with some enormous crucial jobs. How can we pair certain daily movements with a particular breath so that this muscular sling can execute those essential jobs and truly support our vital organs? (No, the answer is not just squeezing kegels!). Enjoy this brief workshop that is applicable and healing to every human body.
Date: Sun. May 6, 2018
Time: 1:00-4:00 pm
Where: Healing Connections Wellness Centre located at 10548-115 Street, Edmonton, AB.
There are still 2 spots left on the side of the room that is designated as a sitting area. It's still all the same big room, with a curtain that we'll pull back. If you'd like one of those spots, then click on "RESERVE," below. Or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Or, text me: 647-922-9642
- Credit Card: Click on the "Reserve" button, below. Note that a small transaction fee is added.
- E-Transfer: Send Zoe an e-transfer payment directly to this email: email@example.com
- Mail a Cheque to Zoe Stikeman: As soon as you drop the cheque in the mail, notify me by text/email that it's on its way, so that I can reserve your spot.
ext: +1 (647) 922 9642
Past Retreats, & Workshops
Toronto Afternoon Retreat
When: July 23, 2017, 2-7pm
Where: Toronto, ON
Included: $110 total
- Asana class to rinse out the toxins
- Relaxation time
- Light/summer refreshments (gluten-free)
- Specialized yoga philosophy presentation
- Asana class to reassure your nervous system
When: June 20-27, 2015
Where: Tuscany, Italy
Included: $2000-$3000 (depending on room choice)
- 7 nights lodging
- 2 yoga classes daily
- All meals except 1 lunch + 1 dinner
- Wine with meals
- Italian cooking class
- Art lesson
- All excursions
- All ground transportation
- Plus surprises!
Weekend in Prince Edward County
When: Aug 22-24, 2014
Where: Prince Edward County, ON
Included: $500 (depending on room choice)
- 2 nights accommodation
- 4 yoga classes
- All delicious meals
- 2 specialized yoga workshops
- Optional hikes
Zoe is one of the finest yoga instructors I have practiced with in 25+ years of study.
“Zoe is a master teacher, one of the finest yoga instructors I have practiced with in 25+ years of studying with outstanding practitioners in Southern California and elsewhere. She is superbly skilled and trained, sensitive to personal requirements of each student; provides creative, innovative sequences and asana combinations, with extremely precise careful, thoughtful, and detailed instructions. Her classes are simply wonderful and she herself is filled with peace, power, serenity, exuberance, and joy. It is contagious!”
Her style and superb instruction, make me keep coming back!
“I run on average between 22 and 27 miles per week and I combine that with 4 weight training sessions. I'm 55 years old. I'm more flexible and my joints and ligaments feel better and younger now than they ever did, 10 or even 20 years ago. How is that possible? I credit the yoga that I do at least twice per week for its ability to stretch and release both my body and my mind. And I credit that yoga to Zoe. Her teaching style and superb instruction, make me keep coming back for more. My mind and body thank her.”
Zoe's made a positive impact on my physical and mental health.
“I wanted to say that I really enjoy coming to Zoe's yoga classes. Not only is it so convenient to have her come to us, but I like how she has so many different options for every pose, so it caters to every skill level, including my own. My main reason for coming to yoga is to help me to relax, so it is nice that there is no pressure to do everything perfectly. But at the same time, however, through Zoe's kind encouragement, she pushes me a bit more every time and shows us when we are doing something incorrect. I think that coming to yoga every week has made a positive impact on my physical and mental health, so thank you very much, Zoe!”